133 Calories, 9g Fat, 13g Protein, 6g carbs (Per Serving)
Recipe Yields: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 15-25 Minutes at 350F
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2.5 scoops protein powder (I used Optimum Nutritions whey protein in Vanilla)
- Chocolate chips (as many as you desire!)
1. Melt your coconut oil (about 30 seconds in the microwave) and immediately stir in protein powder!
2. Add in your salt, vanilla extract, applesauce and egg, and whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Add your coconut flour, baking powder/soda and mix until you form a dough like consistency.
4. Fold in your chocolate chips and pour batter into a small greased 8 inch circle cake pan.
5. Bake off at 350 between 15-25 minutes (Depends on your oven, mine baked perfectly around the 19 minute mark) however you can keep it a couple of minutes over, to really brown the top, as coconut flour takes longer to brown.
6. Let cool, cut and serve!
Eat, enjoy & make gainz!