4g Fat, 6g Protein & 12g Carbs (Per Cookie)
Recipe Yields: 8 Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Protein Cookie Dough
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp raw coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used Optimum Nutritions vanilla casein)
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sweetener (optional)
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 2 tbsp low fat cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of stevia
- Cashew milk (if needed to thin out icing)
1. Take your room temperature coconut oil and mix well with protein powder, until it becomes the consistency of a paste - then add in your vanilla extract, sweetener and slowly add in your flour - once incorporated, knead dough with your hand and place inside the fridge to chill for 20-30 minutes
2. While dough is chilling, mix together your protein powder and cinnamon mixture - place to the side.
3. When dough is ready, take out of the fridge and roll into 8 equal sized balls - place balls on your cookie tray and press down with a fork (horizontally and vertically)
4. Brush each cookie with a little bit of water and dust your protein powder/cinnamon mixture on top - before placing tray in the oven. Bake off at 350F for 12 minutes and they will come out golden brown.
5. While cookies are cooling, mix together your low fat cream cheese, cinnamon, stevia and cashew milk if needed, then place on top of cookies once they have cooled completely.
Eat, enjoy & make gainz